Sunday, July 19, 2009

Transformers Movie Primes

After holding back for awhile, I decided to buy the new Revenge of the Fallen Leader Class Optimus Prime. I already have 2 versions from the 2007 movie so I was a bit hesitant to get this. But after seeing all the pics and reviews, I decided to go ahead and splurge. Besides, I also had a S$50 voucher lying around that my friend gave me for my birthday, so I got to purchase Prime for around 50% off :)

Voyager First Strike (2007 Movie)

The Prime toys based on the 1st movie were not accurate to what you saw on the movie. My version is missing the flames since this was the repaint version with colors that are patterned after the G1 Optimus Prime.

Details for the robot mode are nice with good articulation all around. I don't really care for the very long rifles, especially since they shoot missiles from the gas tanks, and not the barrels themselves.

Truck mode is ok, I suppose. There's a cool feature where there's a driver (with a cowboy hat!) that pops out when you close the door to the cab. Only problem is that the door on mine won't stay closed >_<



Leader Class
(2007 Movie)

The leader class from the 1st movie looks quite bulky in robot mode. As with the case of most toys from the movie line, there a lot of good articulation. The leg articulation is quite nice even though there a lot of kibble. No waist articulation though, which is a shame. I prefer the more-in-scale gun that he has than the one on the voyager classes.

I actually prefer this version's truck mode than the new one that came out. It's not as sleek and looks more like a toy, but it's sturdier and has rubber wheels that hold together as you roll him on the table or floor. I also prefer honking sounds than the ngine noise that comes out from ROTF Prime.



Leader Class (ROTF Movie)

The new Leader Class from the ROTF line is quite movie-accurate, has excellent articulation, and has the two cool swords that swing out for movie-like poses. I just wish it had a gun. Hasbro/Takara just announced another version that's coming out with the guns but no mouthpiece. I think I'll settle for this one.

The vehicle mode looks good. But as mentioned earlier, it doesn't feel as sturdy as the 2007 version, and the wheels are plastic :(

If you were to get only one of the movie Primes, get this one. You won't pose your Primes in vehicle mode anyway, right? :P



Some comparison pics of the vehicle modes:



0 comments: