Monday, February 15, 2010

1/8 Yoko Littner by Alter

Just waiting for the paint to dry on my MG's, so I thought I'd feature something else for a while...

I can't remember the last time I bought a scaled PVC figure, so I can only assume that this is the first one. I'll have to ask my brother back in the Philippines if I had any of these before.

Surprisingly, my wife sat down with me to watch the whole Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann series. To add to that, she's a huge Yoko fan. I guess she likes redheads since she also likes Shana.
I bought her a Revoltech figure before, but when I saw a preview of this figure, I know I just had to get it "for her" ;)


I've never really heard of Alter before. Guess because I was never thought about buying one of these before. They seem to one of the more popular companies that manufacture PVC figures. I always see stuff from Good Smile Company.

They call this "Bounty Hunter Yoko Littner". Apparently, this is one of the versions of Yoko during the dream sequence when they fought the Anti-Spiral. This figure is a cool representation of the redheaded long-rifle sniping scantily-clad female from Gurren Lagann.


She looks good in all angles, doesn' t she? :)
The pistol on her waist is removable. But the holster is the only place you can put it on her.
You can see the zipper on her shorts and boots. The coat has nice details like bullet holes on it, which shows how many fights she's been in.


The rifle is nicely done, hanging on her shoulders. She also looks like she has some pink nail polish on.


Her assets are all nicely shown. I wonder if Yoko is one of the rare figures that people don't need to take a pantsu shot of :>


The base shows some rocks for her to stand on. You just need to remove her from the box and put her on the base. It makes for a quite sturdy figure.
One thing that annoys me, though... is that she's missing her signature hair pin. I always wonder if it was intentional or if Alter just forgot about it.


And some pics of her with her "little sister".

Click her to see my full album of her.

Thanks for looking!

0 comments: