Monday, July 12, 2010

That Lady's MS

MG Qubeley was given to me as a gift by my friends for my birtday. They gave me the recently released MkII, painted in purple colors. As I didn't really like dark-colored mechs, and I preferred having Haman Karn's MS in my collection, I decided to paint it in her color scheme.

I started on MG Qubeley right after I completed Destiny and Freedom. But being busy with work, I wasn't able to continue working on it until a couple of weeks ago. Finally, I've completed painting it up. Just need to complete assembly and detailing panel lines), then I'll have it completed so I can move to my next project.




White parts shown above. I used Pearl White as an alternative to plain white and topcoated it with Glossy clear coat for that extra shine.
The shoulder binders are huge. Around the size of an MG Gundam shield. Maybe even bigger.
I forgot to use the decal for the Neo Zeon insignia ^^;;;
So Haman gets a very clean MS this time around.



The purple/lavender and pink parts. I used flat clear coat for these parts.
Unfortunately, I got a problem with frosting when I coated some of the purple parts. You can notice it on the parts at the left-top corner.
Also, you can notice I handpainted in some red paint on some parts. These are parts for the foot thrusters and I decided to use red to differentiate the thrusters.



The gunmetal parts for internals. As usual, I used aluminum and brass for some detail work. Red thrusters for the parts on the shoulder binders as well.
The final picture shows some parts where I used masking tape so that parts can have both pink and gunmetal on them. The two in the middle are parts for the legs. So you should see pink on the outside and gunmetal on the inside.

I don't have pics of the blue parts as I'm still deciding whether to topcoat it or not. It all depends on whether I can find acrylic-based topcoat - as opposed to the usual lacquer ones that I use...

0 comments: