Friday, July 16, 2010

Qubeley Inner Frame

Following up on my previous post, here's the inner frame of the MG Qubeley.

I was actually surprised at how fast I was able to build it, but I'm not complaining. I guess I have more free time than I'm used to :)





I got pretty excited here and actually finished up the whole torso. But then, there's not much armor around it, unlike the arms and legs, so there's really no choice but to finish it.
To see the cockpit, you swing the pink part up and then swing the panel around. Unfortunately, I was scraping some paint off trying to do so and Haman's not inside the cockpit anyway so I didn't take a pic of it open.



Rear view. Nothing special - except that I like how the silver tubes contrasted with everything else.



The elbow is a ball joint, oddly enough, so there's not much movement. It can only bend up to a little below 90 degrees.



Arm and leg details. I had to point the flash directly at the leg to see the details, which is why there's more reflection on it than expected.
Again, not much in terms of movement when it comes to the knee.
The foot hinges in the middle.



Details of the back of the foot. Red thrusters :)



And here's a pic of the Qubeley doing a Genkidama.

Hopefully, I get to setup the new light tent that I'm planning so I can take pictures of my fully-built MG's with huge wingspans. Or, in the case of the Qubeley, its shoulder pads.

0 comments: